Oil Stocks For 2013
Here are some top picks for 2012 that we are very bullish on.
- ExxonMobil (XOM)- Expect XOM to see lots of new business now with BP’s problems. I think this is a good long-term anchor to any portfolio.
- Cheniere Energy, Inc. (LNG)-Cheniere Energy, Inc. is a Houston-based energy company mostly engaged with LNG-related business.
- Chevron (CVX) - Good overall play as they have very low exposure to refining while holding a stellar exploration portfolio. With rising oil prices this stock is a no brainer. Chevron also posses a solid 4% dividend yield and is currently trading at around eight times earnings.
- ConocoPhillips (COP) – Holds a strong array of natural gas positions which could be the future of energy after the recent series of events. Adding to this they are strong globally and posses many valuable assets that will strengthen the companies prospects.
- Double Eagle Petroleum Co. (DBLE) - Develops and transports oil and gas in the Rocky Mountain Region. They have current operations in prolific Rocky Mountain Basins including Green River and Washakie Basins.
- Endeavour International Corporation (END)- Endeavour International Corporation is an independent energy company focused on the exploration, production and acquisition of energy reserves in the North Sea and United States.
- Linn Energy LLC (LINE)-LINN Energy’s mission is to acquire, develop and maximize cash flow from a growing portfolio of long-life oil and natural gas assets. LINN Energy is a top-20 U.S. independent oil and natural gas development company.
- Miller Energy Resources (MILL)- Miller Energy Resources is a high-growth oil and natural gas exploration, production and drilling company operating in multiple exploration basins in North America. Miller’s focus is in the Cook Inlet area in Alaska and in the heart of Tennessee’s prolific and hydrocarbon-rich Appalachian Basin including the Chattanooga Shale.
- PetroBras (PBR) – Love this stock however it has been the worst performing stock in Brail throughout the first half of the year due to capital problems and the BP Oil Spill. I feel this overhang has kept the stock low which presents a great buying opportunity as PBR continues to be under-valued when matched up against it’s peers. My gut feeling is once these few issues are washed away this stock will rise.
- Petrohawk Energy Corporation (HK)-Petrohawk Energy Corp. is a leading explorer and producer of natural gas in North America. We leverage our technical expertise in tight-gas and shale reservoirs to establish and develop large-scale operations in some of the fastest growing natural gas plays in the country.-
- SandRidge Energy (SD)-Located in Oklahoma City, Sandridge is an oil and gas company primarily focused on exploration and production. Sandridge owns and operates gas gathering and processing facilities, as well as CO2 treating and transport facilities.
- Suncor (SU) - Refineries and Oil Drillers such as Suncor should succeed as many have been hit hard unfairly due to the BP crisis. I think this stock will be trading at around $40 a year from now supported by a solid dividend makes it an attractive investment.
- Vaalco Energy Inc. (EGY)-Vaalco is a Houston-based independent energy company principally engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas. VAALCO’s strategy is to increase reserves and production through the exploration of oil and gas properties with a high emphasis on international opportunities.
This is not an offer to buy or sell securities. Oil investment carries with it very high risks. The information contained within this site has not been nor will it be verified by Turn Key Oil and is subject to change at any time. We are not a United States Securities Dealer or Broker or United States Investment Adviser. Do your own due diligence and consult with a licensed professional before making any investment decisions.Please read our full disclaimer before making any decisions.