Abraxas Petroleum Corporation (NASDAQ: AXAS) is a publicly traded independent exploration and production company founded in 1977 and based in San Antonio, Texas. Abraxas’ business model focuses on assets with high working interest, operational & infrastructure control, low geologic risk, strong full cycle ROR, and low risk exploitable upside using the company’s proven operating expertise. Abraxas focuses primarily on the development of conventional and unconventional resources in its primary operating areas in the Rocky Mountains, South Texas, Powder River Basin, and Permian Basin.
Robert L.G. Watson, President / Chief Executive Officer
- has served as Chairman of the Board, President, Chief Executive Officer and a director of Abraxas since founding the Company in 1977.
- was associated with the independent reservoir engineering firm of DeGolyer and MacNaughton and Tesoro Petroleum Corporation in various engineering, operations, administrative and management positions, including Assistant to the President of Tesoro Exploration and Production Company.
- received a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Southern Methodist University in 1972 and a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Texas at San Antonio in 1974.
Franklin A. Burke, Director Emeritus
- Director Emeritus since May 2012, and director of Abraxas since June 1992
- has served as President and Chief Executive Officer of Burke, Lawton, Brewer & Burke, a securities brokerage firm, since 1964, as President of Venture Securities Corporation since 1971, and as President, Director of Research and Portfolio Management of BLB&B Advisors, LLC, since 2006.
- also serves as Trustee and Treasurer of The Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades.
- received a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Kansas State University in 1955, a Masters degree in Finance from University of Colorado in 1960 and studied at the graduate level at the London School of Economics from 1962 to 1963.
This is not an offer to buy or sell securities. Oil investment carries with it very high risks. The information contained within this site has not been nor will it be verified by Envestor First and is subject to change at any time. We are not a United States Securities Dealer or Broker or United States Investment Adviser. Do your own due diligence and consult with a licensed professional before making any investment decisions. Please read our full disclaimer before making any decisions.